Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lennon Sisters meme/game

Here's something fun to do - fire up your media player of choice, open it to your Lennon Sisters playlist, hit shuffle, and write your thoughts on the first five songs that play. I'll go first.

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - I love hearing the girls doing pop songs like this, and they give it a very beautiful and lush treatment here.

Days Of Wine And Roses (Dianne) - Having just bought and watched the dvd, Excerpts From The Lennon Sisters Hour, now when I hear this song I can’t help but see Dee Dee’s little kids accompanying her on their kazoos!
ETA: I think I had one to many margaritas when I posted this last night. This was NOT the song Dee Dee's kids accompanied her on their kazoo's - it was Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head! I mean, they're not even similar - how'd I screw that up. Yeah, I'm blaming the alcohol.

The End Of The World - I’m a sucker for any song that highlights Janet’s deliciously sweet voice. To my ear, her harmony seems more prominent on this song which make me love this gem all the more.

Mickey Mouse Mambo - Their “ungh‘s” just flat crack me up! Way cute novelty song.

Twilight Time - Another exquisite pop rendition by them. It’s pretty damn near perfect.

Come on and share your songlists!

No comments: